Young talent is vital to the future success of a company. Cargolux welcomes applications from undergraduate students and entry-level trainees, be it for an apprenticeship, an internship, or a summer position.
Become an Aircraft Mechanic at Cargolux!
Cargolux currently employs around 350 highly skilled aircraft mechanics who play a vital role in the organization. These dedicated professionals maintain and repair the company's fleet of 30 Boeing 747 freighters as well as maintenance customers' aircraft.
Cargolux's team of mechanics have solid primary qualifications complemented by extensive on-the-job training. Many of them were trained at the home base in Luxembourg and obtained their internationally recognized EASA Aircraft Maintenance License Part-66 (AML) by following a Cargolux sponsored curriculum at the Lycée Privé Emile Metz in Luxembourg-City.
If you are interested in joining the program and become a qualified aircraft mechanic, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- have graduated from secondary technical education or completed an apprenticeship with focus a on mechanic section, electro-engineering, mechatronic or equivalent,
- be fluent in written and spoken English,
- demonstrate excellent attendance, punctuality, and behavior (both at school and at the work place),
- demonstrate capacity for logical thinking,
- be confident, motivated, and committed,
- be hardworking with a strong sense of team spirit
- enjoy a dynamic and varied work environment
- have a passion for the world of aviation.
The apprenticeship, starting every year in September, consists of classroom-based studies at the Lycée Privé Emile Metz in Dommeldange/Luxembourg, and practical work at Cargolux. The program consists of an adult apprenticeship contract.
You will be trained for 2 years with relevant airline experience, knowledge, and technical skills. After successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent position within Cargolux.
After completing 2 years of work in the Maintenance department, you can apply for an EASA Part-66 Category B AML (Aircraft Maintenance License). This license is recognized in all countries of the European Union and beyond.
Further possibilities for mobility and career development are available within the organization, leading with time to the position of Assistant Lead, Lead, Foreman or Supervisor, as well as other positions in the technical field.
The apprenticeship is open for applications each year as of the first quarter.
How to apply?
You can apply here
Should you have any further questions regarding our Mechanic's Apprenticeship Program, contact Recruitment Services (recruitment.services[@]cargolux.com)
Cargolux values young talents and the potential they bring along. The airline has therefore partnered with Job Teaser to publish internship openings in the highest education institutions throughout Europe.
There is a wide range of internship opportunities for students who want to apply the knowledge gained at school and find out which job suits them best.
Cargolux seeks motivated, energetic, and talented students to exchange view points and gain valuable experience.
Interested in joining one of the key players in the air cargo industry?
A few conditions apply:
- the internship should be covered by an internship agreement and last at least 1 month
- fluency in English vital to communicate within the company.
- internships in risk areas (e.g., maintenance center, warehouse) can only be granted to interns over 18 years old and cleared by the company doctor.