Requirements & selection process
Qualification and experience
Type-rated on B747-400
Minimum 1500 hours multi-pilot multi-engine time on jet aircraft or turboprop aircraft (CS-25) with MTOW > 10 tons or seating capacity > 19 seats
EASA Part FCL ATPL or CPL / IR with ATPL theory or MPL
EASA Part Medical Class 1
Full second level graduation minimum (e.g. Baccalauréat, Abitur, A-Level Exam, Matura)
ICAO English language proficiency level 4, preferably level 6
Above-average flying abilities & impeccable safety standards
Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Authorization to live and work within the European Union
Ability to successfully pass a security background check and a pre-employment medical test
Unrestricted rights for international travel
Agreement to transfer your license to a Luxembourg issued EASA license
Check out current job openings
- Application process and pre-employment screening
- Candidates will be asked to provide evidence of their professional history including employment dates, company names and addresses of all previous employers; any career gaps must be justified with relevant documentation. Complete and accurate information as well as appropriate certificates will be required at all stages of the process. Support will be available throughout the process.
- Candidate assessment
Cargolux uses a variety of methods to determine which candidates match the company profile. The selection process is fair, objective, and comprehensive. Cargolux offers to provide candidates with feedback on their assessment regardless of the outcome.
- Pilot Aptitude Tests
- The psychometric tests are tailored for pilots and have been designed by an Aviation Psychologist. This step includes a mandatory phase of preparation prior to the test with online material. The tests are conducted in-house at our HQ in Luxembourg.
- Simulator screening
- The assessment involves approximately 1 hour of briefing and 45 minutes of simulator flying. Preparatory information required for flying the B747-8F and B747-400F simulator will be provided in due time ahead of the screening session. The screening is designed to assess candidates’ potential of adaptability, flying skills as well as their ability to interact effectively with other crewmembers. The screening takes place at our HQ in Luxembourg
- Assessment Center and Company Interview
- These steps are scheduled over a 2-day period at our HQ in Luxembourg. The assessment center methods involve group exercises, role plays and will be followed by a company interview. The selection panel is composed of experienced pilots, human factors experts and recruitment managers.
Successful candidates will be contacted by Cargolux to arrange a suitable starting date for both parties or be placed in a pool of positive applications and contacted for future openings.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions
- Contact number
- +352 4211-3892