Extensive and speedy air and road network services
Because air freight spends only 10% of its journey in flight; Cargolux offers an integrated network of warehouses, road feeder services and information systems to cater for the other 90%. With Cargolux servicing over 70 destinations across the globe, our extensive road feeder network ensures that air freight arrives at its ultimate destination quickly, efficiently and at competitive rates.
The Cargolux service offering: reliable, flexible and meeting our customers’ needs
- One of the youngest fleets of Boeing 747-8 and 747-400 freighters in the industry
- Contracted trucking companies that serve an extensive surface network throughout Europe to deliver intercontinental airfreight to and from Luxembourg
- Fleet of trucks boasting the latest technology, including 22,000 kg payload, rollerbed floor and air-ride suspension
- Temperature-controlled road transport to and from the Luxair CargoCenter in Luxembourg airport, one of Europe’s leading integrated truck, warehouse and aircraft handling operators
- Safe and secure air and road transport of special consignments, from works of art to dangerous goods and outsize cargo
- Introduction of peripheral gateways at various airports to ensure faster than ever delivery to final destinations via tailor-made solutions
Luxembourg at the heart of the European network
Luxembourg’s geographic location at the heart of Europe, together with its extensive road feeder network and the facilities at the state-of-the-art Luxair CargoCenter, enables air freight arriving in Luxembourg to reach warehouses servicing 600 million consumers within just one day of landing.
- From Dublin to Helsinki, from Oslo to Alicante, from Budapest to Istanbul, our road feeder network delivers across Europe
- Forwarders all over the globe use Cargolux road feeder services to efficiently deliver to bonded warehouses
- Our high service standards through Luxembourg save precious transit time and airport handling and delivery costs if compared to shipping through other, considerably more congested hubs
The Luxair CargoCenter: 108 meters between truck and aircraft
The Luxair CargoCentre - one of Europe’s most modern freight centers - is where Cargolux’s European road feeder network operates.
- Annual capacity 1.2 million tonnes
- 85,500 m2 warehouse space
- 113 truck docks and ample truck parking positions
- 35 pallet breakdown and 49 pallet build-up stations
- Fully-automated stacker system with 1,640 ULD positions
- Dedicated AVI stations, live animal inspection rooms and veterinary facilities
- Shortest transit times from/to aircraft
- Purpose-built and fully GDP compliant temperature-controlled pharmaceutical and healthcare storage facilities:
- 3,000 m2
- Storage capacity 2°C to 25°C: 70 10 ft ULD
- Storage capacity 2°C to 8°C: 350 (Euro) pallets on 818 m2
- Storage capacity 15°C to 25°C: 1,270 (Euro) pallets on 1,600 m2
- Temperature-controlled build-up areas (2°C to 25°C)
- 6 dedicated and temperature-controlled truck docks
US, South America, Asia & Middle East
We regularly arrange for our customers’ over- road carriage to connect with online gateways to other destinations in North and South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Full or part truckload services are available on either a scheduled or ad hoc basis.
European trucking network
Trucking services out of Cargolux online stations
Ad hoc trucking can be arranged upon client request, please contact our cargo services office for additional information.
Please download our roadfeederservices brochure here