Full Time, Permanent Contract
With business activities around the globe and close to 1900 employees representing 65 nationalities, Cargolux can truly be described as a multinational, multicultural and multilingual workplace. We believe that this diversity is one of our most valuable assets that contributes to our success. People at Cargolux are driven by their professional dedication to perform their job while sharing our core values.
Cargolux is seeking a Legal Counsel to join our Legal team. Our mission is to support the dynamic environment of Cargolux in all areas of our business, to minimize legal risks and costs in order to protect and preserve the legal integrity and to safeguard the commercial interests of Cargolux by providing our business with a high quality, creative, and result - oriented legal service.
You should have a pragmatic and professional nature, be able to establish and meet deadlines, and be a highly motivated, well-rounded self-starter with a high energy level. Cargolux is also looking to you to be an active contributor to the business and take a value-added approach to the role.
We offer you a rewarding and exciting job and the chance to work with passionate colleagues in a truly global environment.
Preference will be given to individuals having prior in-house legal experience, ideally in the area of commercial and transportation law.
- Drafting, reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts (including sales, marketing, ground handling, general procurement and other commercial agreements)
- Providing legal advice and guidance to the business and company representatives
- Monitoring developments in relevant areas of law, regulation or practice that might affect the business, and prepare Cargolux to respond
- Research legal issues and drafts legal memoranda or other materials analyzing legal obligations
- Advise on matters of national, international law, including air law, EU law, international public law, etc.
- Collaborate with and support other members of the Legal Department and other departments across the company as needed.
- University degree in law
- Previous experience either in a law firm or the legal department of a company of at least 3 years
- Knowledge in Luxembourg law, knowledge in air law regulations would be considered a plus
- Previous experience with an airline considered a plus
- Be trustworthy, honest, integer, business minded and support the values of the company
- Be people and team orientated and be able to work independently, capable of managing matters with minimal guidance
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of management, stakeholders, vendors and customers.
- Consistent attention to detail, good judgment and the ability to effectively prioritize and timely produce high quality work product and to take direction as needed.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and external customers
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on negotiating and drafting commercial agreements and attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English, other languages (French, Luxembourgish, Chinese) seen as a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) as well as a general good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Position based in Luxembourg
- Full time position (Part time conditions could be discussed)
- Occasional travel required within the entire Cargolux network
- A Certificate of good conduct (Casier judiciaire, Polizeiliches Führungszeugnis) will be required in case of positive selection
Apply for this job